Insights – Mental Health Home Care
Can provide a client with a smooth transition from an inpatient Mental Health hospital or a partial hospitalization program to in-home care. Through crisis intervention and resolution, hospitalization can often be avoided.
Coordination of Services
Through a multidisciplinary team approach provides quality intermittent nursing care, medication management, and education as well as meeting other diverse needs of the individual.
It is Our Goal
To assist the client to his or her optimal level of independence by maximizing abilities rather than focusing on disabilities. By emphasizing what the client can do now, he or she will have an increase in self-realization and self-esteem.
Benefits of Our Program
Mental Health Nurses
- With specialized expertise in grief counseling
- Management of depression and anxiety issues
- Medication assessments and adjustments
- Management of bipolar and other mental health disorders
- Therapeutic interventions and communications related to compliance issues.
- Availability for on site discharge planning with facility
- The same nurse treats both Mental Health and medical conditions
- Availability to attend physician appointments
- All disciplines receive additional training necessary to approach and treat patients with a Mental Health diagnosis
- Progress reports sent to physician and case managers
- If hospitalization is needed, it can be handled in a more expedient manner due to home assessment, intervention and ability to refer to institutions in both Kansas and Missouri
Services are provided when clients meet the following:
- Is under the care of a physician
- Has a skilled need
- Is able to verbally agree to sign a written safety agreement
- Has a DSM-IV Axis I diagnosis or major depression
- Medicare guidelines for home-bound status (Medicare beneficiaries only)
- Relaxation techniques
- Reality orientation
- Crisis intervention and resolution
- Coping skills
- Weekly medication set ups per patient with nurse supervision
- Education on medication and disease process
- Problem-oriented counseling for issue of daily living.